Nov 27, 2017
We are covering how to use split testing with Andrew Brown
co-founder of the Splitly software tool. This episode covers when
to use split testing, which products benefit most from split
testing and why split testing improves your sales.
What is split testing?
- Website traffic is split 50/50 with half seeing one version of
your page and the other half seeing the another page
- You then analyse the data to see which page performed
How to use split testing in the Amazon platform
- Amazon does split testing all the time – you see changes
- Splitly – changes the listing in Seller Central back and forth
over a 24 hour period
Why Split Test?
- Most of us in FBA want the ‘best’ images and copy
- If you can reliable improve your conversion rate by a couple of
percent it translates to sales
- Optimising your listing can be cheaper than spending on
advertising to get sales
- Only through split-testing can you tell if your change has
brought more sales
- You can test hypothesis to see if it improves sales
The 80/20 Rule
- You have title, main image and price – plus the 5th bullet
- How to use split testing for the biggest benefit?
- Price is a key influencer on sales – which price is more
- At my lower or higher price point am I more profitable?
- The A9 search algorithm is a bit different to Google’s
- Amazon ‘knows’ if you’re making money and it rewards you in the
search results where as Google doesn’t notice....
Go here for extended show