May 29, 2023
Seller Sessions Live Recap with Adam Heist
On this episode of Seller Sessions, Adam Heist is recording remotely from Morocco and discussing the key themes and learnings from a recent Seller Sessions Live. He talks about the importance of creating products based on specific customers and building a brand product emotion. He shares his approach to building his new brand, Radio, using equity to bring in world-class team members and leveraging 3D renderings from a company in Germany to bring the visual identity of the brand together.
The focus of the discussion is on the move towards more professionalized businesses in the Amazon space and the key theme of brands over hacks from the speakers on the day. The podcast addresses ways to uplift views, reach, followers and commercial sales, such as running ads on Reels and TikTok. Also, they discuss using expired domains and generating SEO-rich articles using AI for cheap organic traffic and good Google organic SEO.
Adam also discuss strategies for optimising Listing Quality Score (Ben Webber), including improving listing quality and adding missing attributes. They suggest using hooks, like mentioning that a product is BPA-free to increase conversion rates and launching individual single keyword targeting campaigns for specific words. They advise to focus on maintaining conversion rates for those keywords, simplifying 7 to 10 keywords to achieve dramatic launch results within the first 30 days. In addition, the podcast discusses the strategy used by Beast Gear to engage with their Instagram followers, and the importance of customer engagement at a personal level by using personally typed-out replies to customer comments on posts and reaching out to customers when new products are launched. They will also do a future podcast episode with a deep dive on their brand build strategy.
Topics covered in this episode:
1. Building a new brand called Radio
- Selling folding kids balance bikes
- Importance of creating products based on specific customers and building a brand product emotion
- Different approach to building this business compared to others
2. Discussion on an event that took place
- Key themes and learnings from the presentations at the event
- Amazon space becoming more professionalized
- Key theme of brands over hacks
3. Running ads on Reels, TikTok, and Google
- Uplifting views, reach, followers, and commercial sales
- Focusing on broad trends and niching down as an effective strategy
- Using expired domains and Phrase IO for SEO-rich content
4. Launch strategy for a brand
- Starting with Kickstarter and moving to Amazon and retail
- Focusing on audience and brand building, using influencers, email traffic, and "weaponising" tactics for Amazon
5. Tools and strategies for Amazon sellers
- Updates to Pixel Me software for driving external traffic to Amazon using conversion objectives
- Listing Quality Score on Amazon
6. Recap of Seller Sessions live event in London
- Beast Gear's strategy to engage with Instagram followers
- Simplified 7 to 10 keywords result in dramatic launch results within the first 30 days
- Listing Quality Score can impact organic results on Amazon
- Using hooks, like mentioning that a product is BPA-free, can significantly increase conversion rates.